Arrowhead Manufacturers & Fabricators Association (AMFA) has an exciting new remote opportunity for candidates living within the AMFA territory (NE Minnesota and NW Wisconsin). Do you have a passion for manufacturing? Are you entrepreneurial-minded and looking for a part-time remote role? AMFA is seeking candidates for a newly created part-time role as AMFA Representative. The chosen candidate will work a flexible ten-hour work week representing AMFA through interaction with AMFA members, potential members, partners, and sponsors. While continuing the founding mission and working with the Board of Directors, the AMFA Representative will aid in strengthening and growing the manufacturing and fabrication industries in northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. AMFA members are manufacturers, fabricators, suppliers, educators, government agencies, and more.
- Work remotely, including travel to local companies and events.
- Work with AMFA and ET leadership to develop agenda and supporting information for board meetings.
- Attend AMFA/ET Board of Directors meetings.
- Encourage committee engagement.
- Responsible for minute taking at all Board and Committee meetings.
- Assist as needed with committee coordination, communication, projects, etc.
- Interact with companies and K-12 schools via telephone, email, and in person to provide support, serve as a resource, build relationships, and encourage involvement in AMFA.
- Maintain AMFA database and record of member interaction, including details of inquiries, engagement, or comments.
- Assist with membership renewal/collection of past due memberships.
- Expectations set for increasing membership on a regular basis.
- Workforce Development: K-12 engagement to encourage manufacturing career exploration.
- Workforce Development: Build and maintain relationships with partners involved in workforce development efforts.
- Assist with coordination and promotion of incumbent worker training programs.
- Coordinate ET grant program; work with MMA Bookkeeper to disburse awards
- Notify Communications Director of member news in the AMFA region.
- Share information and encourage member usage re: products or services (MBiz Solutions).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and active listening.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
- Self-driven with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in the Manufacturing industry
Applications accepted until 10/9/20.