CMMA Meeting on September 24: keynote speaker, CMMA updates, breakout sessions
Topic: Understanding EEOC guidelines and hiring ex-offenders
FairChanceEmployer.com exists to help organizations navigate the complicated world of considering an ex-offender for employment. This is difficult because most organizations do not understand the EEOC guidelines, how to document that guidelines have been followed, and how best to protect the organization from a negligent hire lawsuit.
Up until now, no HR entity has been able to deliver a blueprint, or process, to satisfy these concerns. After almost two years of research, Fair Chance has created a website that addresses these issues AND offers several related time saving tools for the employer.
Attendees will learn:
- What are the hurdles to creating a solid Fair Chance Process?
- How to document compliance with the 4 EEOC “Green Rules”
- How to navigate the “Severity of the Crime” requirement
- What about Negligent Hire concerns?
- What are the three most common mistakes organizations make?
Dick Owen, President, FairChanceEmployer.com
Donna Ploof, resource person at Trusted Employees, a background check company
Betsey Lund Ross, Attorney at Law specializing in HR issues
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 5581 2104
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,89155812104# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,89155812104# US (New York)